June 3, 2008

A Day For the Mental Scrapbook

Today was a happy day. Firstly, I got to have my call with the Registrar's Office at Master's to get all my classes set in stone...only my brilliant plan of having all my classes on Monday/Wednesday/Friday failed miserably- I have classes every day. (But thankfully they end fairly early in the afternoon! That leaves time open for a part-time job to help out with tuition/living expenses.) But alas! I have discovered my major- Biblical Studies with an emphasis in Intercultural Studies. Does that not sound perfect? Also, there's an option to get the TESOL certification, so I plan on taking advantage of that! Within the Intercultural Studies major I also get to take either Greek or Hebrew...it's sounding more perfect by the minute. And I'm minoring in Music. Yippee.
Back to my happy day. After my call with Master's, I called Grandma Joyce to tell her all about it- the cool things about that are (a) I love talking in general, and (b) Grandma lets me talk a lot and always has good advice after I spill everything so...I'm glad she has her voice back! I think she's one of the few (very, very few) people who actually like me talking. (I love you, Grandma...)
After my second call of the day, I set in on Geography 101. Not so fun, but it must be done...yeah, I just took my first exam online and missed passing it by one question...d'oh!!!
In between phone calls and geography, I played with Krystal and Krystine, who were in high spirits today. They get me giggling, let me tell you. Krystal asks funny questions ("What if everyone in the world got to be on TV? What would you do or say? I'd pretend to be eating something." ???) and Krystine makes funny faces. We mess around at the table and play ridiculous songs on my keyboard. They dress up in my clothes. I laugh. Good times with my two favorite little sisters...
After Dad got home from work today, we went to Black Forest Bakery. It was surprisingly like taking a mini-step back to Germany. Baked goods on the right, German groceries on the left (they actually have those yummy German potato mixes- not mashed potatoes, not a baked potato...they're kind of like potato balls...kartoffelknödel, that's it!). My dad and I got chocolate eclairs- they only have pretzels and pretzel rolls (Charissa!) on Saturdays- and looked at the different German foods. I will definitely go back on Saturday for a pretzel roll- and I will take a picture, Charissa...
When Ernie got back from youth group, the Slurpee Gang (sans Cory and Antonio)- AKA Dad, Ernie, and I- went to 7-11 and filled up and headed home. Now I'm lying in bed, typing my day for you to read, because it was a very good day!
If anyone wants to get a pretzel on Saturday, let me know!

1 comment:

Whitney @ The Sweetest Things said...

thats so awesome that you get to go to masters in the fall! my sister has been looking into that school for next year she really likes it! i really want to be a labor & delivery nurse and/or a midwife we'll see what happens! i never knew you had interest in that! thats exciting...