February 18, 2009

First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage...You Get the Drift

Before you get any funny ideas, I'm actually not talking about myself. I am talking about the ridiculous numbers of my friends or people that I know who are either recently engaged, married, or expecting a visit from the stork at any moment. It's crazy business. Girls I used to be in band with in junior high are having babies! Friends are getting hitched left and right! What is going on?! I feel dazed and slightly confused.
It's especially weird to see a girl I used to be so close to going through these changes. I mean, this time last year, she was in New York and I was in Germany, exchanging nanny horror stories! Now she's due in a month with a baby girl and future plans with her boyfriend in the works...my mind really hasn't wrapped around it yet. How does this happen in less than a year? (I mean, I know how it happens. Oy.) Seriously, this last year has gone by faster than any other year I can remember, with more changes and experiences- it really blows my mind.
As for me? I am content. I've got a lovin' man (yay- he is fantastic!) and the cutest siblings (minus Ernie, he's macho) I can snuggle with- and lavish any possible maternal instincts I may have on them, too. Life's a happy balance of work, school, friends, ministry...what more could a girl ask for?

~VL~

No comments: