October 4, 2009

Oh, Twitter Dee Dum- It's Finally Autumn!

So I'm not sure how many of you guys Twitter, but I'm giving it a try. It seems like the whole world's doing it, and no wonder- it's a shorter, more convenient way to communicate with everyone all at once! If you do have Twitter, send something my way- @vmo1117.
Three weeks ago the Late Service celebrated its first birthday, and I was invited by the guys for something of a keyboard victory lap to contribute to the festivities. It was a great feeling to be back on stage with the guys (I'm still waiting for the "Veralynn and the Guys" tee, James!) and play some great songs celebrating the real reason we're at church for the third or fourth time each Sunday- and no, the answer isn't Justin's voice! Anyway, Ashley took some great pictures- I've never liked pictures of me more! 



 Right now I've got one internet browsing window open whose only job is to stay on Absolutepunk.net and serenade me with Relient k's new album Forget and Not Slow Down.  To be truthful, I had no idea they had new music coming out until about a month ago. Now, I can't get enough of this new side of one of my favorite bands. Grab a copy and listen for yourselves. "Over It" is my favorite song for the piano alone. The music is so emotionally charged and I love how it's used to convey as much meaning as the words themselves. "Oasis" is one of the most dreamy, floating and longing forty seconds I've ever heard, and one of my favorite pastimes of Relient k- old school vocal harmonies! The fact that the record is a bit disjointed in its progression is a truthful replica of the various stages we go through in grief and healing. From quiet, heart-heavy sorrow to pure, raw emotion- it's beautiful. Here's to hoping they'll release a few more Christmas songs this year!

For those of you fellow Santa Marians, it is definitely turning into scarves and sweater weather! I love it! The wind has that fall-like crispness I so enjoy. Perfect for sitting by a window, wrapped in a blanket and happy thoughts.
Happy October!

~VL~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mozel Tov and Bien vienedos!
~Parker