September 9, 2011

26 Weeks

I've decided that in my last trimester of pregnancy I will do weekly posts (I know, some people say the third trimester starts at 27 weeks, but you know I'm impatient). There will probably be belly pictures, such as the one here, for your entertainment.
Right now I am just starting to get to the point where I understand what some ladies mean when they say the last trimester is just plain uncomfortable- admittedly, I'm a little worried since I have about three months left 'til Miles makes his grand appearance. But starting this week, I've:

  • Been waking up every hour, on the hour (is this my body preparing me to wake up during the night with the little guy? Who knows.) 
  • I've started the whole, "Oh, my aching back!" spiel, and enjoyed not having an aching back after my visit to the chiropractor, who called me a "hard-headed bohemian" (Parker and I have decided that this is a pretty accurate description of me) for not coming in sooner. He also described to me what exactly my body is doing to prepare for the baby's birth...whoa...and how that will explain any discomfort I feel from here on out. 
  • For the first time, maybe ever, I've actually felt like cleaning, and took advantage of that feeling while dusting, arranging, and sweeping away to my heart's content. This is what I imagine nesting must feel like.
Also, Parker did an amazing job of painting the baby's room and assembling the crib and mobile. I enjoyed getting the crib bedding set up and putting Milo's books and toys on a little shelf between the crib and the bed in his room. I can't wait to see the end result, with our little guy living comfortably in it!

Off to prenatal yoga!
Leave a comment here!

~VP~

No comments: