June 9, 2012

I'm All For Hippie Magic, But I Draw the Line at Placenta Milkshakes.

Those of you who know me pretty well know I am a sucker for Bravo and its ridiculous TV shows. We don't even have cable and I still manage to find the free episodes available online or read the Bravo blogs to get an idea of what's happening. There's one particular show, Pregnant In Heels- about "maternity concierge" Rosie Pope and her New York City clients who are expecting- that I particularly enjoy. This season, they had an episode where a mother wanted to eat her placenta, so they blended it in a milkshake. I'm sitting on my couch shaking my head, wondering why they had to ruin a perfectly good milkshake. I mean, if you want (or need) to eat your placenta by all means do it, but let me have my milkshake afterward as a reward at least!

Speaking of more hippie magic, there is a new documentary on Ina May Gaskin and her fellow midwives at The Farm that is currently fundraising to reach it's goal of $50,000 in order to finish production, cover costs, and distribute the film by 2013. You can help by pledging any amount here. Watch the trailer below (Warning for those who don't want to see any "maternal nudity"...I'm just saying, there's Milk Dud nips. Not that there's anything wrong with that!)



I hope you're all having a good weekend!
Leave a comment here!

~VP~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

eww I could never put placenta in my mouth! The film looks awesome!

Unknown said...

I have no words lol

tm said...

Your post is crazy. :)
Looking forward to reading more!

Following back!
Daisy @ http://trendymomreviews.blogspot.com

Cassie said...

I've heard of that!! I've also heard of drying it out and putting it into capsules for the mommy to take...??? Visiting you back! I love your blog! :)

Laura said...

Haha! I about died when they made the placenta milkshake. I'm open to weird things sometimes, but that was just too much for me. Loving your blog :)