September 16, 2012

Our Week (In a Nutshell)


This week I've been in full school mode. Between my homework and one active little eight-month old who hasn't wanted to take naps of any sort, I've been one busy mama and I like it that way. 

You might be surprised to know that I'm not the world's best housekeeper. Okay, so it's not exactly a secret. I don't want to blame it on Miles (because he's pretty much the most easygoing baby ever) so let's be real- I'd much rather be watching Real Housewives of {Any City Except New Jersey} or scouting Pinterest for yet another way to buy craft supplies and not use them (you guys, I really tried- I am not a crafter) than do any sort of cleaning. I will tell you the best way to get motivation to clean, though- watch an episode of Hoarders and then you will be extremely surprised to find that you want to throw away everything (but maybe that's just me). This week I've started doing one of my twice-yearly closet sweeps, and I even have Miles's newborn through six month clothes all ready to give to a friend due with her first baby in November (please tell me I'm not the only sap who got emotional while cleaning out their baby's closet for the first time?). As I've been cleaning out my closet, I'm making space for my favorite fall clothes. Sweaters, dark-hued denim, corduroys, and clogs (I do have a soft spot in my heart for Swedish clogs!) as well as my favorite UGG boots are front and center in my closet now!


 This morning, Miles and I went to my sisters' soccer game and cheered them on alongside my mom and brother. I'm discovering that it really startles Miles when people clap and cheer- his bottom lip sticks out and he bursts into tears! It's heartbreaking! Toward the end of the game it didn't bother him as much, and he sat with Ernie on his bike to watch his aunties play. As we walked back to our cars after the game, Miles was nice and cozy in his sling- he really loves it!

You can tell it's not WIWW since I was going "mama casual" this morning!
I'm looking forward to tomorrow- Parker and I are going on a lunch date and then we're going to just head home and relax while Miles enjoys the afternoon at his grandparents' house! It's so nice to be able to have time to ourselves (wink wink).

I hope you're all having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Veralynn, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

lisacng said...

Haha, hoarders is certainly a motivation to tidy up!