October 11, 2012

R&R

Tonight I decided to have a little DIY spa night after Miles went to bed, which was a bit trickier to organize than I originally anticipated since my sweet little baby has decided to just not go to sleep tonight. Parker was so amazing/SuperHusband status and took over when he got home from work. The fact that this spur-of-the-moment decision to R&R just so happened to coincide with my new TestTube goodies (side note on the TestTube: way better than Birchbox, which I cancelled). has nothing to do with it. Okay okay, so I just wanted to try all my new samples. Result: I feel pretty and clean and not at all like I got vommed on earlier, which totally happened.

I've been kind of on a spa kick since forever last week, when I got to go get a Dermaplane facial with an awesome Groupon (50% off, holla!). Let me just say that I didn't know that "Dermaplane" was code for "try and relax while letting a complete stranger run a blade over your face with little goggles over your eyes so you can't see". Maybe I'm being a little dramatic- it didn't hurt at all and the parts before and after the blade were almost coma-inducing. I also nearly had a really embarrassing moment when I was supposed to change  into the spa gown and realized I had no idea how to put the darn thing on. I totally had it on like a cape before having a SATC flashback and got it fixed just before the aesthetician came into the room. Whew. I really almost made a fool out of myself there! Glad I didn't tell anyone.

Have a great Thursday and take some time to relax!
Don't forget to enter October's group giveaway!

11 comments:

Fairly Obvious said...

I still haven't even received my shipping confirmation!! Assholes!

lisacng said...

Glad you enjoyed your at-home spa! When I want to relax, I give myself a mani.

snow. white said...

Your blog is amazing dear! I absolutely love it! And follow you :)

xx
snowwhite90.blogspot.com

emi said...

love it..you deserved this! XO

meandmr.com said...

I think I need a DIY spa night. Good idea.
-meandmr.com

cate @ wild ruffle said...

Ah! I just signed up for Birchbox!! What was the reason for your switch?

Kirsteen said...

Love the idea of a home spa night! Think I will be trying this soon x

Veralynn said...

@ Cate: The kind of beauty box I like is one that has all skincare, haircare, or makeup samples. Birchbox puts five little things in each box, and out of the five there is usually only one decent quality item and the samples are teeny weeny- so there hasn't really been quantity OR quality. The rest have been things like hair ties, a razor, a pair of cheapie earphones, and a granola bar (I was so annoyed about that!). I will say that I love Birchbox for introducing me to my new favorite shampoo EVER and I've held out a bit longer to see if they'd send anything else worth keeping my subscription... but they haven't.

Sorry to rant, but I would definitely recommend New Beauty's TestTube 100% more than Birchbox, and it's along the same price point! (And I'm not affiliated with them at all, so they're not paying me to say this!) -V

Always Maylee said...

I could totally go for a spa treatment!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Naptime Review said...

I can't even remember the last time I made it to the spa! Ha!


julie @ Naptime Review

yiqin; said...

hope you had a great weekend :)